09 Apr Artist block
Have you ever been hit by that wall? That wall of desire to do absolutely nothing.
Yea, sometimes It’s what we need other times It’s a big pain and we just can’t get rid of it.
Especially us creative individuals. When we pick up our tools and we just have complete brain fart. Yea, I’m talking to you dancers, actors, painters, photographers, and graphic designers. We have all been under that bandwagon. We call it the almighty Artist Block, and in my experience it is by far the worst thing ever. Sometimes it can go on for days, weeks, even months.
Here are some helpful tips to deal with the artist block.
- Research intensely on a subject of interest.
- Look at videos/shows/images of your field interest.
- Try something new, (Change of scenery) I don’t know how many times I have eaten new food and gotten inspiration just from that.
- Take some workshops if dance take new dance classes, If it’s art try other mediums of art exp. clay modeling, painting, ect..
- Take a walk and smell the roses, If it’s winter feel the cold wind (really wakes you up in the morning)
- Attend meet ups.
- Exercise and stay healthy. Your body is your temple if you treat it right it will return the favor.
- Feeling like your work SUCKS! If that’s the case stop, take a break. come back after a few hours.
- Have no fear being bold is here.
- Sometimes you just have to do it.
And, as always, thank you for reading!
All the best to you and yours,